Turnout Controllers by ESELCO
Get intuitive control of your model train layout with IntuiSwitch™ controls. We offer two styles of controls to meet differing needs.
Our Classic IntuiSwitch™ control has an angled face that makes it easy to see when mounted on a vertical fascia. They are great for mounting near their respective turnouts to provide convenient control as you walk around the layout. They are available in six different track patterns to match the turnouts on your layout.
The Classic IntuiSwitch™ is 2 3/8" wide by 1 5/8" tall by 1/2" deep. It needs only a single 5/16" hole in the fascia for the cable, and has a self-adhesive backing so no screws are needed for mounting.
Visit the Classic IntuiSwitch™ product page for more information.
The D-IntuiSwitch™ has a round, 1 1/8" diameter face that seals flush against your control panel, with the body in a 1" hole in the panel. The compact size of D-IntuiSwitch™ controls allows them to be placed close together when space is at a premium.
The D-IntuiSwitch™ control is also great for fascia mounting on modular layouts, with nothing protruding to break off during transport to/from shows.
Visit the D-IntuiSwitch™ product page for more information.
Special Options tailor IntuiSwitch™ controls for specific needs
Control a Turnout From Multiple Locations
Need to control a turnout or pair from two different locations (like from either side of a penninsula)? Order IntuiSwitch™ controls with the Paired Option, and you can do just that. Change the turnout from either location, and both controls will show the new turnout status.
Paired controls don't have to be the same style. Example: You can pair a Classic IntuiSwitch™ mounted near the turnout with a D-IntuiSwitch™ in a central control panel controlling the same turnout.
Visit the Paired Option product page for more information.
For Interfacing with DCC and LCC Decoders and JMRI
IntuiSwitch™ controls with the -H or -HQ Hybrid Options look and feel the same as our standard controls, but contain different internal circuitry.
Instead of directly driving a stall-motor-based turnout, -H and -HQ IntuiSwitches provide input to a DCC, LCC, or JMRI decoder board which drives the turnout. Status output from the decoder board is fed back to the IntuiSwitch for display.
Visit the -H IntuiSwitch product page for more information.
IntuiSwitch™ controls feature these advantages:
- What You See Is What You Control
The graphic pattern on the face of the control matches the turnout on the layout.
- Tactile feedback. The embossed pushbutton allows sure operation even when not looking at the control, with a "click" confirming your button presses.
- Visual feedback. See the turnout status even if the turnout itself is hidden by scenery or height.
- Day / night operation. Illuminated pushbutton and status are visible even in the dark.
- Fail safe operation. Remembers turnout state even during power loss. (Applies to standard version, not -H hybrid version, where behavior depends on board it is attached to.)
- Snag-free. No sharp edges or protrusions to catch on clothing or jewelry.
- Quick, easy installation with a drill and screwdriver - no soldering needed.
- Consistent User Interface. Whether fascia or flush mount, standard or -H (hybrid) electrical interface, all IntuiSwitch controls bring the same ease of use to your layout. You can mix and match them to meet your needs.
Now shipping: Enhanced IntuiSwitch™ controls (V2.0) with:
- Included cable-to-screw-terminal breakout board for easier layout connection.
- Customizable pushbutton brightness
- A lockout feature for layouts at used at public train shows.
- Improved output drive
- Reduced light leakage
Fascia-mounted IntuiSwitch™ controls mounted near their respective turnouts provide convenient control, as you can see in this photo of the layout of Pete Vollmer (Williamsburg, VA):
IntuiSwitch™ turnout controls, the attractive, easy solution to controlling your model railroad layout.
Pricing is $15.95 each for either style (Classic IntuiSwitch™ or D-IntuiSwitch™) control.
We accept payment via PayPal and major credit cards.